Saturday, July 7, 2007

Tuesday's Luann


Ok, this plotline has pretty much summed up everything I don't get about heterosexuals. Now, don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are straight. I even have straight parents! But this, I don't know. That's why I sometimes do

QOMICS FOR HETS!!!

Considering the plot for the last two weeks was about cooking, I understand that the way T.J. makes risotto is more important to his relationship possibilities with Toni than his personality, looks, career, or really anything else. OK, I can deal with that. But for some reason, she's rejecting the all-important risotto and questioning Brad's commitment to a non-existent relationship with her based on his actions from like a month ago, taken comically out of context.

To take this one step further, why didn't Toni just think it's hot to see him kissing someone else? I mean, if I saw a guy I dug making out with someone else who's pretty hot as well, I could get into that. It just seems strange to hold that against him when they weren't in a relationship or anything.

Is this what straight men mean when they say, "Women! Can't live with them, can't live without them?" Or maybe it's him that's more perplexing, saying "honest talk" when he really means "hot sex".

OK, and one more mystery. I use Wikipedia to look up character names I don't know, and can anyone tell me why Luann's is better developed than any other comic out there? Scary stuff to think that Luann has the biggest cult following on the funny pages.

No comments: