Friday, August 10, 2007

Wednesday's Beetle Bailey


I don't think there's really a doubt in anyone's mind (if there is, please speak in the comments, I'd love to hear about it) that BB is the most sexist comic in the funny pages. There's really no competing with this. I was going to make a comment about how the second panel in isolation is pretty insane, but then I realized that the first panel isn't really doing anything to diminish that. I then further realized that I have become so numb to this insanity that a guy could literally be telling women in the workplace to call him a "Hunk! Woo! Woo!" with "more spirit" while another woman with an angry facial expression (because women who don't like to be harassed are just angry) could stick out her ass at the first woman in a yawning void and the whole absurdity of the situation would barely register.

I, obviously, read too much BB. Then again, there wouldn't be a Qomics for Queers website without it.

No comments: