Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sunday's Mary Worth


"Now I can give up that silly childhood dream of having a career. All that fills my pretty little head now is the thought of matrimony! Now I won't have to pretend that I love 'the sciences' and all that smart stuff that should just be left to boys anymore."

*Ahem* I suppose Mary Worth has never been at the forefront of women's liberation, but couldn't the young women be portrayed as having any thoughts in their head besides boys?

Now, I use the term "young women" loosely, because all of the people in MW seem to be in their fifties or above or are at least taking fashion tips from the Lawrence Welk Show. That is, unless I'm so out of touch with the times and all the Super Kool Kids are wearing orange polo shirts to their extraordinarily fun pool parties.

But I digress, the point is that in the midst of what could pass for a golf tournament, panel three features a Charterstone resident permanently stuck at age eight. Swordfish are cool! I'm going to get a T-shirt with one on it!

1 comment:

Stuart Shea said...

plus "Dr. McHottie" (sheesh) must have the world's smallest business card, too!