Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Saturday's Rex Morgan, M.D.


Well, I'm still catching up with the comics here. So while all of you probably read this RMMD last Saturday when it was current, I just came across it. But I'm sure that no one here is surprised that this RMMD is appearing on this blog.

I'm kind of mortified by this one. I knew that Rex was eager to get June out of the house that evening (or a month ago in real time), but I assumed that he would at least be inviting over a guy he picked up at a bar or online. Like, you know, have some decency. But he's going right in on Niki. The dialogue reads like something straight out of a Nifty erotic story here, both in its clumsiness and its "I'm the nice, trustworthy man who waited until his wife left the house to ask to have a 'special relationship' with you." Niki asks how to start, but I think we all know where that's going.

So, ewwwwwwwww.

(Just to clarify, I'm not ragging on the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program. They seem totally cool and do great work. But there are a whole lot less creepy ways to go about doing something like this.)

No comments: