Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Monday's Dick Tracy


I'll be the first to admit that I have no clue what's going on in Dick Tracy. This is probably one of the hardest soaps to follow since new characters are introduced with no context, plotlines start when others haven't yet finished, the pace shifts gears from very fast to very slow, information is parsed out and connections are expected to be drawn between facts that aren't right in front of you, and everyone looks boxy (not that that makes it hard to follow since I follow Gil Thorp easily; it just bothers me).

What I've gathered is that this old German dude is someone that no one likes, his granddaughter has been kidnapped for some reason, Dick Tracy's wife didn't want him to go to Washington, and the US government's plan to save the granddaughter really sucks. Am I missing anything?

No comments: